Friday 6 September 2024

What An Embarrassment

 


Finally, finally! Ontario is allowing beer & wine sales in convenience stores.

And right on cue, the usual "health experts" are predicting death and destruction! 



They are claiming this will result in untold number of deaths and would overwhelm our healthcare system as more people descend into alcoholism. 

Sweet Mother Mary, how embarrassing are these people. The rest of the civilized world has been doing this for decades without their society's collapsing.

I just had my annual medical with my doctor and, when asked, told her I have a couple of drinks a day. She said, in case you are unaware, the new Canadian guidelines state maximum two drinks per week for men. 

I did not say, are you freaking kidding me? But I did say, Hmmmm, I did not know that..


Here is a chart of Western countries and their alcohol consumption guidelines. [Click on chart to see how out of touch with the rest of the world we are.]



 
Oh Sweet Mother Mary - did I already say that? - all of Canada is an embarrassment on this one.

Canada's guideline could just as easily say "Why bother"....

Pretty sure my two-drinks-a-day is about average.

What kind of nanny country are we becoming?






No comments: