Sunday 22 April 2007

Thar She Goes


That's good to see. The ice breaking up and leaving. Soon we'll be kayaking and tubing right through there. Well, someone will be anyway. And I'll be watching.

This is just a couple of blocks from my place. A great place to walk all along the Bow River right into downtown. But don't go too far or you come to another city. Tent City. And there ain't no welcome wagon waiting for you there.

I rode my bike along the river, east of downtown one Saturday morning last summer. And I'm glad I was riding. I felt like I had a big "Mug Me" sign all over my back. I just kept pedaling. I was waiting for one of them to whack my head with a beer bottle as I drove by. Really creepy......

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

Whack you with a beer bottle? They can't be that down and out if they can afford to not only drink beer, but also waste a bottle on a biker.