Monday 4 August 2008

I Don't Believe It!

What have we here?

A whimsical mural of idyllic summer life. Dad grilling on the 'que.

Mom serving drinks to all the guests. It all looks fine.

But is it?

She's wearing socks and sandals!?! Even the dog is shocked.

It's bad enough if you are brain dead one day and do this by mistake. But to deliberately draw it this way......

If it's so cold that you must wear socks, then don't be wearing sandals. If you say, but my sandals are my most comfortable shoes, then you need to be buying better shoes.

And it's not just middle aged Euro-geeks who do this [and go to
Socks & Sandals.com to see some real pros].

But I was on vacation and a girl in her 30's was walking on the beach wearing her bathing suit...with Teva sandals...and black socks!! I poked the person beside me, am I seeing this right?!

The girl must have had ESP, because shortly after this she removed her sandals and then, quite reluctantly I bet, her black socks.

What's makes people do this?! And how do we get them to stop!?

[This ends our regularly scheduled ranting.]