Monday 4 January 2010

Good Attitude

Was over having my favourite dish [all together now] Spicy Chicken Tikka and I said to the regular fellow, I've seen you in here a lot lately (I guess he could say the same thing of me).

He said his two partners went back to Pakistan for three months and he has to mind the shop. Every day.

Nice friends, his buddies took off for three months vacation and he has to be there every day. For three months.

I said I couldn't handle that. He said, it's better than sitting home doing nothing.

I said, I'll have to challenge you on that. Having just spent the better part of two weeks sitting at home on my butt and thinking this is not bad.

He said, I meant it better than being unemployed.

Man, that's a great attitude.

Some people, who will remain nameless unless you look up by bio, would be complaining all the time about having to work for three months straight, and how it's not fair, and how I'm going to stuff as much Chicken Tikka as I can in my face, that'll show 'em.

But for this guy, that's my job.......

7 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

3 months in Pakistan? A "Taliban" holiday? Off to play with their
AK47s?

Urban Cowboy said...

Now, now. These are all nice guys. They're better at firing up a Tandoori oven than anything else.

Anonymous said...

3 months goes very quickly. And we know that you were not actually just sitting around on your butt for the past two weeks.

I think I've worked every day for the past year (just about) but since its "my baby", its just fine.

Pat

Urban Cowboy said...

Good attitude for you, too.

Anonymous said...

my sister still thinks you re cute

Anonymous said...

BTW Mr. UC, in case you're wondering...I think she means the (you have a good sense of humour and you're a funny guy) cute...don't ya know.

Anonymous said...

...and oh ya...I'm pretty sure who you're referring to when you speak of someone complaining about working 3 months straight - wonder how he'll feel when he's firing up the burn barrel on the Line?