Thursday 20 October 2011

And Neither Are You

...ya darn punk!

Okay, okay, the irony of me posting this is not lost on me.

I'm not working either, but I'm not complaining about it. Except, of course, to complain about the guys who are complaining.

But really, for people in North America and Europe to be complaining is laughable. The rest of the world looks at us and says "You are the 1%."

As a gentlemanly farmer friend of mine says, we won the biggest lottery in the world just by being born here.

You don't like the current system - then vote!

Ontario just had the lowest turnout in history for our Oct 6th election. And which age group had the lowest participation? You guessed it - 18-25.

One guy they interviewed said he didn't like working in the service industry so is just going to coast on welfare 'til something better comes up. So I guess this protesting gig will kill some time.

And do these guys even know what they are protesting about?

"Hey, we want more. Wanna protest?"
"Uhhh....sure. I want more."

Reminds me of a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon where Calvin makes a birthday card for his mother and shows it to his tiger friend, Hobbes.

It says;

"Happy birthday to you,
There I've said it now I'm done,
So how about getting out of bed,
And making breakfast for your son?"

He asks Hobbes if he wants to sign it.

Hobbes reads the card and says, "Sure. I'm hungry, too."

1 comment:

FINS UP2 said...

Obviously we need reform at both ends of the spectrum. Warren Buffett thinks he and his friends should pay more tax. The protesters need a job so they can pay tax. Hmmm? ... you're right no relation.