Wednesday 14 November 2012

Great News!

 
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is being sued for $6 million for allegedly libeling a local restaurateur.

And unlike the rest of our legal system where you are innocent until proven guilty, according to legal experts - at least legal experts interviewed by the Toronto Star - you are assumed guilty unless you can prove that you didn't libel anyone.

Fantastic!

Next time someone calls me a jerk, [Ed. Note: shouldn't take long] ruining my reputation [Ed. Note: horse is long gone] I'll be slapping a  million dollar lawsuit on their skinny butt.

And they'll have to prove they didn't impugn my reputation.

It is definitely impugned - for multiple reasons.

But according to our legal system, you'll be needing to prove it wasn't 'cause of you.

I figure if just 5% of them stick, I'll be sitting pretty.

Of course, it'll all the usual suspects ganging on the mayor at this stage.

I'm hoping I may get to try out my new strategy if I get any comments on this.....

No comments: