Wednesday 11 September 2013

Major Award


Attended a golf tournament yesterday and was presented with a major award during the prize ceremony.  Very honoured.

The award was for my consistent play on the 16th hole.

I hit four consecutive shots and hit four different trees.

Never been done before!

Tee shot into the woods, off a tree.  Second shot, from still deep in the woods, off another tree.  Next shot, with some daylight this time, across the fairway, into the woods, another tree.  Less daylight from this lie and.....off another tree.

Still birdied the hole though.  Although upon conferring with others in my foursome, we agreed I didn't.



So I was awarded the coveted "Woodpecker" afterwards.

As I am listening to the organizer - who, unfortunately - or this whole thing would have gone unnoticed, was also in my foursome - describe the circumstances of the next award, I'm thinking, what's the big deal;  four shots, four trees, I've done that.

Oops.....



 
Along with the award, it seems you are also allowed to park in with all the golf carts.

Who knew?  And this was before I had even won the "Woodpecker"!

The course marshals even came in to look for me during the awards ceremony. Eager to congratulate me, I suspect!

I was able to keep the award under one condition - that I was not to throw it on the 400 on the way home.

So be it!

Wait 'til next year - they'll have to get a wider trophy.





3 comments:

FINS UP2 said...

At least you got a trophy... Most of us get nothing.

Rob Greenfield said...

Good fore you.

Anonymous said...

It appears as if the challange is on. Anyone can pot a ball, but who can do it after striking four trees! Not an easy feat. I say throw down the gauntlet for next years tourney and challange anyone to best you!!