Monday 12 May 2014

A Great Lady

Kitty Cohen, pictured here in the Toronto Star, became the oldest Canadian - at 101 - to throw out the first pitch at a Jays game.   Wow!

So what's the Arnotti connection?

Kitty and my mother used to entertain folks at seniors' residences in Toronto.  My mother would play the piano and Kitty would dance, dressed as a sailor, a South Seas damsel or a Cowgirl, to name a few.  And they both would sing.

And this was not when they were in their 70's either.  Before my mother left Toronto, she was 90 and Kitty was 93.

My mother used to tell me, "I do enjoy playing for all the old dears".  I finally had to tell her, "You is an old dear."

And I know she took pride in that.  And I'm sure Kitty did.  I mean still does.

So a great little Mother's Day reminder.

Thanks Kitty.


3 comments:

FISN UP2 said...

Hail to Dorrie and to Kitty. They don't make em like that anymore. My wife liked the Kitty story too especially the part about out living her husband by over 40 years. Her claim to longevity is keep moving. Apparently, ADD is good for you after all??!!! Keep on rockin' in the free world - - I say.

Urban Cowboy said...

Ha ha. Yer wifey can always see the silver lining in any story.

Anonymous said...

ah, you go girl... setting the bar very high for us young'uns! And she threw a pretty good pitch!