Wednesday 21 April 2021

 

My key to happiness?  To get the last beer in the fridge.

Which I thought I had done a long time ago.

A few years ago a pal and I and his sister-in-law were enjoying some wobbly pops outside one afternoon. 

I went in to get a refill and found there were no more beers in the fridge. However upon further scrutiny I spotted one.

I came out triumphantly saying, I got the last beer. 


A little while later my pal went back inside, and he came out triumphantly, saying, No I've got the last beer. 

After about half an hour his sister-in-law went inside to try her luck. And she came out saying, Sorry boys, I've got the last beer. 

I seem to remember this somehow went on for a couple of hours. Each of us repeatedly finding another "last" beer.  Good times.

Until his wife finally came out holding a beer saying, this time I really got the last one. 

We were all shocked, saying where was it? She said, in the crisper under the lettuce.



Dang,  Pretty sure I put that there, for "later", and forgot all about it.  That hurts.

I think only two conclusions can be drawn from that story; 1) none of us are very observant or 2) that was a magical fridge. 




2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

From that particular day and every day since I have believed in the magical fridge(s).

Urban Cowboy said...

Ahem, brother.