Thursday 4 January 2024

"The Way We Were"

 


I was thinking that must have meant what was life like back in the 50's.

But no, that would be 1974.

Gak!

With the top song, Barbara Streisand's "The Way We Were".


But go back ten more years, and now we're really talking.




The top song of 1964 was...


That's right...I Want To Hold Your Hand

That got me thinking that I am - and lots of young kids today are - still grooving to a lot of amazing songs from the 60's.

Which also got me thinking, in 1964 was I grooving to tunes from...do the math, carry the 4....1904?

Well, let's see.


Top song in 1904...


The classic "Dear Old Girl".  Which is what I used to call my mother. But that's another story.....

And, of course, not to be forgotten....


Another classic, "Last Smoke Before The Snow Storm". 

The lyrics still roll off my lips.


The point of all this reminiscing is....we still have the greatest music of all time!!


[Uhhhhh....maybe with apologies to Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Bach.....okay, okay...]



And who are those shag haired gorgeous girls from 1974 in the first picture?

The Runaways.  With 2nd from the left being....Joan Jett.

No comments: