Sunday 13 May 2007

Biking On The Bow Vista - Phase Two!!


A beautiful day for another bike trip down the Bow River. And this time the snow was gone and the weather was warm. So with my trusty steed, I set out. This time south of town.

The path winds down through the Zoo, old Fort Calgary, the Bird Sanctuary and some old industrial lands.



Here the path divides the two worlds. The solitude of the peaceful river on the right and the dusty, working industrial yards on the left.

But the river path acts as more than just a border between the two. It feels more holistic, seeming to almost join them together. Whoa...enough of that. The sun must be getting to me.



But most views are simply of the lazy, blue river, as it patiently winds its way through the city.

And if you are not so lucky, other views would be of lazy me, patiently rubbing my sore butt. What was I thinking? I'm miles from home. And I'm not 50 any more. And I have to ride all the way back now, too. Upstream!

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

Good on you. Peddle on. But I thought the Bow was green.