Sunday 7 October 2007

Wet & Wild

Went hiking in Kananaskis Country (just south west of Calgary in the Rockies) and came across an unexpected little gem. Called Troll Falls.

We just started walking along a path and it kept going up and up and up. Luckily we had some guys with us who (said they) knew where they were going. Or I would have been long gone.

No safety rails or built in steps around here. We could have gone underneath the falls to get over to the other side. I guess we could have also lept across the open gorge, but I wasn't doing that either.

So we traversed rivers and streams, hanging on to whatever we could (below).

So when you are straddling a frigid river, balancing on a wet tree and hanging on to another one, photo quality can suffer.


I think this was taken as I was skidding down one of the hills. Or when I was fighting that big bear. Yeah, I remember. He took off pretty fast, obviously, that's why you don't see him in the picture, errrr or much of anything else.....

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

I gotta say, the "fog" leaves a lot to the imagination. I guess that's a good thing?!?!