Saturday 29 August 2009

Blast From The Past

Got my old phone out the other day (okay, today) and I thought I would do a taste test.

Which picture was taken with the new phone and which one was taken with the old piece of crap?

Hey, the old one is better than I remember. Since it has been sidelined for a year, maybe it has cleaned up its fog-of-life act.

But you know, I like the old boy better than this new technofangled thing I have.

To get the time on the new one, I have to press a button for two seconds to activate it. If there is any light around at all, the glare is too much. I have to move to the shade. And the numbers are about 3 millimeters tall.

The old one? I flipped open the top and there the time was, glowing at me in big type.

If I wanted to dial a number, flipped the top and starting entering numbers. The new boy? Press the two second button to activatre, select the phone menu, select the keypad menu, then start typing.

Sure, I can surf the Internet and get GPS and watch TV and make a latte. Sounds good, but you gotta pay for all that. So I never use that stuff. But they were smart enough to get me to buy it.

Maybe they didn't have to be that smart.....

Oh well, slow news day, I guess.

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

So, what's the choice? Are you gonna continue using the new one, or has the old phone found a new life?

Urban Cowboy said...

I'm going to use the old one as my MP3 player.

I spent too much $$$ one the &!$%* new one not to use it!

Anonymous said...

First one is the old one - simple. Refer to one of your previous blogs from...before.