Sunday 16 May 2010

Where In The World?

Egypt?

Khartoum?

Toronto Subway?

Yupper.

At the appropriately named "Museum" stop.

The effort that went into decorating this station is amazing. Very impressive.

And these statues are not just some cheap, Styrofoam either, as I found out when I punched one.

"You have disappointed me with your feeble attempt to injure. You will now miss the next...three...trains." [Think Darth Vader.]

[Okay, so I stole that from a GPS commercial. James Earl Jones is a hoot as he does Darth Vader; "Turn right in....200 metres......You have disappointed me with your inability to follow simple instructions. You will exit now."]

These statues are installed on both sides, throughout the entire length of the stop. Almost makes you feel as if you are in ancient tomb.....

No wonder the TTC keeps raising its fares.

5 comments:

northerndreamer said...

Funny how art and decoration are a waste of money in Canada yet we we rave about it as classy and cultured when we see it abroad. I think it's a wonderful way of linking what's happening underground with the surface, especially for the touristas.

Unknown said...

Of course...you do know that posting something that nifty is just...sheer 'torture' for me due to being a huge fan of,well...anything out of the realm of Egypt.*snicker*Almost tempted to say that you've now got to go and see the actual exhibit,but...meh.That would just make me wish I was there right along with. Very cool,Jim.

Gord Tripe said...

I detect an attempt at 'Photoshopping' in the first picture. You are in for a whole heap of monitor staring time if you follow that path. You've been warned.

Urban Cowboy said...

Sheesh, everybody's a critic - except Chris, thank goodness! And what ther hey does "monitor staring time" mean, Gordo?

Gord Tripe said...

Once you start 'improving' your pictures, you'll be spending a lot more time staring at your computer monitor than you do now.