Thursday 17 February 2011

I Don't Believe It!

I bought this excellent 80's CD at a shop a while back. Got a real deal, too.

Or so I thought.

Listed at $26.99, it was on sale for $9.99! Whoo hoo.

Then yesterday I was at the local Dollarama. Same CD; two bucks! What the....?

Now maybe I should have complained about no truth in advertizing, that it should have been only a buck.

But I'm cutting Dollarama some slack because I got that good deal on the Boogie Wipes, which, I just recently found out (thanks to the eagle eyed Northern Dreamer) contain real boogies!

Now some may be saying, Urban, what are you doing buying an 80's CD? Extremely cool guy like you, is that your kind of music?

Well, a while back, I was playing co-ed softball on a team of new hires. I was the oldest guy by 25 years. At the year end banquet, one of the gals asked if I wanted to dance. I think it was Duran Duran, Girls On Film.

As I was working it out - most finely, I may add - she leaned in and said, "You kinda like the 80's music, don't you." I thought, what am I, on a day pass from a nursing home? So I said slowly, "Uhhh....yeah, yeah."

Then she said, "But I bet you're more of a 70's guy."

So I punched her. Well, if I hadn't missed, I would have.

Just kidding. But what's wrong with 80's music?

Even though it's 30 years old, it's great stuff. I know in the 70's, I sure wasn't listening to music from the 40's.

Now I forgot where I was going with this, oh well.... Oh yeah, real boogies!

5 comments:

northerndreamer said...

I'm guessing here but I'm thinking her 70s guy reference was meant to be a compliment....blue jeans, drugs, sex and rock and roll, that kind of thing. Aren't 80s guys more John Ravolta in pastel coloured polyester, disco music and 'just say no'? Oh wait! You like that kind of thing.

FINS UP2 said...

Dollarama? Retired? What's next Goodwill good fellow? The best part about you buying a 80's Mix CD is usually when they are $1.99 there is a reason. I suspect in small print you will see "Hungry like a wolf" inspired by Duran Duran. This means their not the original artists. Make sure you launch that one towards to construction site off your balcony. Keep on spotting those specials McThrifty.

Rob Greenfield said...

You need to buy CDs after the load of music I gave you???
And 80's shit???

Krys and Paul said...

Yeah, the 80s will be reviled forever as the death of music. So what did Rob give you? You guys aren't old enough for the 60s and 70s, are you? Though if you're actually from North Bay, things took awhile to migrate there. Not like being next door to Motown.

Rob Greenfield said...

we're way old, we just look good