Friday 18 November 2011

Made It To The Big Time

Hey, what's up with this Occupy Toronto thing?

Dunno.

So decided to check out their little, or actually not-so-little, encampment down at St. James Park.

Wow, rows of porta-potties, big huge tents (Yurts), library, medical centre, etc. makes this look like a mini-city.

And mainly funded by Big Labour.

Not sure of labour's connection to this, as likely many of the 1% employ their brothers and sisters.

But just so there are no hard feelings, later that night I decided to get behind the labour movement - literally.

That's me, "Made It To The Big Time!", standing behind the speaker's right shoulder.

Some fellows and I decided to join the fun, so hopped up on the speaker's stage.

Some explanations for the goings on;

The "chanting" is their "live mic".

Because they don't want to use amplification, people in front repeat what the speaker has said so people at the back can hear.

Since I was right behind the speakers (before the union guys came up) I was chanting too. I stopped when I found myself chanting "Capitalism sucks!".

The waving of their fingers is called "twinkling". And that means they like what the speaker said.

I didn't twinkle my fingers very much....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support