Thursday 1 March 2012

I Lied...

...when I said this....
....was going to be the tallest condo in Toronto.

Glad it is not, because if this is any indication of quality, it could fall over.

Actually this....
...is going to be the tallest condo in Toronto.

"The Aura", clocking in a tidy 75 stories.

How high do fire hoses spray?

Pretty massive complex so far. Will be the only the second complex on Yonge - after the Eaton Centre - to have a second story mall.

This is what it will look like, in several years.


Now some say the Trump Residences (below, centre) will be taller.

However, it will only be an embarrassing 57 stories. It is claiming #1 status because of a spire that rises above Aura.

I say, no fair.

For a look at the Top Ten click "Top Ten". [#10 is the one that I love to hate, the one that blocks my sun.]

I hope to have no more mea culpas.....

5 comments:

northerndreamer said...

What are all those short buildings for in the last image?

Urban Cowboy said...

Beats me. The shining, centre tower is the proposed Trump Residences.

Roy Bhandari said...

Thanks for the link to TalkCondo :) And P.S. - Aura is now 78 Storeys...

Urban Cowboy said...

Thanks, Roy. That's what I thought I'd heard, but couldn't find any on-line reference to 78.

Krys and Paul said...

I thought you had moved? "New concrete slab..." Lots to choose from. The 17.x million dollar place looks... boring actually.