Wednesday 8 July 2015

I Don't Believe It!

What don't I believe?

Not that this beautiful turn of the (last) century home hasn't been torn down - although that by itself is an accomplishment.....

But that.... 


It Is Actually A Subway Station!
Wow, for them to go to those lengths is amazing.

And the comment about it not being torn down;  it almost was when the subway was put through in the '70's.  The city bought the property to tear it down to build a proper (see below) station.

But locals and the Toronto Historical Board banded together to convince the city to preserve it.


Now This I Believe!
Nothing says "You're special" more than plastic and concrete.  And the more the better.

This is the next subway stop, just up the street.

What a difference a block makes.

I'm sure the transportation planners are glad those pesky locals didn't interfere this time!


And This I Believe, Too



Nothing says "You're special"  (Part Deux) more than a welcoming entrance.

Although it's not - either welcoming nor an entrance.

It's hard to make out, but what it says is, "Don't enter here, go all the way to the end of the block, pay your money, then come back here to catch your sad, sorry bus. Do you think this is here for your convenience?"

So I think I will walk the other direction and enter the subway through another era in time........

No comments: