Tuesday 19 December 2017

Another (Beautiful) One Bites The Dust

So looks like Hurricane Irma knocked one tree over that didn't damage my ride.

But she also knocked one over that was my favourite in all of the town.

Here is a picture of two big beautiful, and old, Banyan trees, as they used to be.



My fav is on the right, and here is a link (I Knew Things Were Old) to find out more about it, also in better days. Some of the pics in that link show the incredible majesty of those trees.

And here they are today, after Irma.


And, a Before & After in incredible 3D Surround Sound.....


[Double click to zoom in, eh.]

The one on the left was uprooted when a tornado blew through a year ago. As you can see, it's sort of growing back.

But they had to completely take down his partner of the right.


But he didn't go down without a fight.  It took those tree cutting guys a long, long time to cut that behemoth up......


....and haul him away.



Meanwhile, a couple of blocks over, the extent of damage at Mia Casa?  Ha! 

Is that all ya got, Irma?

[Okay, I wasn't such a big shot when I was lying like a baby on the floor when she came screaming up through the Gulf in September.]

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

Man, too bad about both of those trees, I remember it well, loved it!