Sunday 17 December 2017

Unbelievable!


I was at a bar last night (that's not the unbelievable part) and start talking to a guy beside me, who lives a few miles away.

I asked him how his place fared after Hurricane Irma.  He said, fine.

Then he asked me the same.  I said, Fine, except a tree fell on my car.

Buddy says, there was a lot of that. I saw a car with a huge tree lying on top of it.  I think I have a picture somewhere.


Dude, That's My Car!

What are the chances?  Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all.....





For those not in the know, here are some earlier, non-stranger pics of my baby in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.

Ouff, day after Irma pic.

At least our condo was still standing.

Ouff, Part Deux.  That's gotta hurt.

One buddy said he thought he saw a palm frond sticking through the top.

Upon further inspection, I think a palm tree saved it as it broke the fall of the big boy.  And therefore it ended up just wrapping my little guy in a warm, leafy embrace.


Of course, at the time, didn't know that and thinking the worst.

This was actually the night before Irma, when tales of 15 foot storms surges and 140 mph winds danced through my squirrelly little head.

But a month later, five fellows with chain saws spent an entire day and voila - good as new.

4 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

what are the odds? well, about 100% now
glad to see the bomber is relatively unscathed and that your using your time wisely checking out the bars

FINS UP2 said...

... Might have been a better story if it flattened that tin can "Betsie" and put it out of its misery? Oh well, maybe next time as there always will be a next time in FLA.

Gordon Tripe said...

Nice that you’re getting out. And staying away from the cougars. And snakes.

Urban Cowboy said...

Unfortunately, at my age, the cougars are staying away from me.