Tuesday 30 January 2018

Hot Damn, Good Buddy!


As advertized, went to the Mullet Festival & Buzzard Queen Contest on Sunday down in good old Goodland Florida.   At Stan's Idle Hour Seafood Restaurant.

And let me tell you, those Americans know how to throw a Mullet Festival/Buzzard Queen Contest party.



I had both the smoked mullet and the fried mullet sandwich.

[After I got home I read that mullet is a bait fish, you don't really eat it.  Unless "you" is another fish.  So I guess it's all newbies in the mullet line.  "First time here, buddy?"  "Mmmm....mmmm."]



Now being a smart, savvy mullet loving guy, got there at noon.

Not a seat to be had in the whole dang place. Noon!



Now this area ain't your Miami Beach.



Although the roof of the bar - the brown plastic bag there - could fit in almost anywhere.


We had to drive 45 minutes through the Everglades to get here.  And you all know what song from that movie was playing in my mind the whole time.


But you know this is a class joint when they have ice in the urinal trough.


Here is one of the Buzzard Queen contestants.

Trust me, this is the best angle to see all the contestants.




And you also have to believe me that I wasn't trying to get a cheap shot looking down some girl's top.  I was trying to get a shot of my buddies there, on the left.

Okay, nobody's going to believe that.

But the truth is stranger than fiction!



So what a crazy place this is.  Although who's the party pooper here, no standing on tables.  C'mon man!


And just so I don't leave you hanging, here is the beautiful [and talented - as the contestants have to do a buzzard dance, or buzzard lope around the stage] Buzzard Lope Queen of 2018.



So all in all a very cool day, except for the mullet bones I have stuck in my throat.

But I'll know for next year!

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Yeehaw

Rob Greenfield said...

Hey, nice profile photo, I like the location of the shot, sure wish it was like that here now!

Urban Cowboy said...

I like that spot. Especially in the summer. Bet the water temp is not that balmy 57 right now.