Saturday 6 April 2019

That's Good Eating


So further to my last past where I said the Florida Everglades should be called River of Gators...I stand corrected.

Of course, the hungriest and nastiest are the pythons.

And they just captured the granddaddy of them all.


Sorry, grandma of them all.

This beauty is the largest ever caught - a 17 foot, 140 pound bunch of loving & hugging.  With 73 developed eggs.

They tagged several males in hopes of finding breeding grounds - and they did.

Who says men are worthless.

This reminds me of another post a while back.

Click What A Great Place To Live for a refresher when they actually go hunting for these things.



And if you do click that link - and look at the last picture - you may be surprised to see that a python's head is the same size as an alligator's.   Holy s.....

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

holy crap, that's some big snake
Hard to imagine how they have taken over the gators

FINS UP2 said...

... I know a guy that slept along side the highway in a hammock as he was making his way to Key West. Some would say only an idiot would do that? I say sleep with one eye open.

Urban Cowboy said...

He was supposed to stay on his bike the whole way, as the farmer told him, "You do not get off yer bi-sigh-kul, boy." Our friend asked, "Why not?" "Chomp, chomp."

And I saw a photo of a gator and a python going at it. I'll post a couple of snaps.