Friday 12 April 2019

Who Knew...?


I used to think Dwayne Wade, point guard for the NBA's Miami Heat, was a regular sized - if not kind of smaller - NBA player.

Here is a pic of the Heat from their glory days, with Wade the short guy on the right.




Michael Strahan, however, was a feared linebacker for the New York Giants.

An absolute beast of a man who terrorized quarterbacks.

Here he is sacking Tom Brady.


Well, Michael Strahan is now a host of  Good Morning America and Dwayne Wade retired last night.

So they had Wade on the program this morning.

(The TV was on in the gym - honest! I never even heard of Good Morning America before.)

At the end of the show, they exchanged jerseys.

And as you can see, Strahan towers over......what?



What?  Wade is taller and bigger than Michael Strahan?   How can that be?

I guess that just goes to show you how massively huge these NBA ballers are.  And they look so tiny on the TV.

So either I need to go to a game (or another game, as both my loyal readers will remember the last game we went to) or trade in my 19" Philco for something larger.

I'm thinking probably both.



2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

great box seats game

FINS UP2 said...

Note to the Editor: Michael Strahan was a 6'5" 235 lb Defensive End not a Linebacker. Light for lineman of today but fast and more agile then the behemoths who are 280 - 300 lbs.