Saturday 2 February 2008

Good Move, Einstein!

To help cope with the bitterly cold winters here in the Heart of the New West, they have built interconnecting pathways between downtown buildings 15 feet above ground. It is called the "Plus 15" system.

Being a sissy Eastern boy, I use it everyday to get to work during winter.

You may have read we have had an entire week of frigid, bitingly cold weather. So what have I encountered everyday this week at my entrance to the "Plus 15" system?

"Due to extreme weather, lobby doors are closed." What?

You freakin' morons! It is because of extreme weather that the freakin' Plus 15 system was built! Who runs this city?

Sorry, but when you read this at 6:30 a.m. and it is -40, you get a bit pissed off!

The note goes on politely to say that hotel guests may use the parkade but Plus 15 access must....wait til it gets warmer, I guess. So I had to run around yanking on doors all over the place to find one that might get me inside.

I finally found one, but wasn't in a good mood by this time. So I kicked the homeless guy lying outside. That made me feel a little better.

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

waaaaa, I wanna be back in Ontario

Urban Cowboy said...

You took the freakin' words right out of my mouth!

Little Bug said...

-48! brrrr