Wednesday 20 February 2008

Say It Ain't So

We're having a provincial election out here in cowboy country and the local Liberal candidate opened up his riding office in the condo next door. Is this the year I switch horses?

I'm p'd off at the Conservatives out here, mainly because of the pathetic health care system and my inability to gorge myself at the trough of public dollars to fix my aching knee. Although the Premier, Ed Stelmach, is promising billions of dollars to fix everything.

So I am sersiously considering, for the first time, not voting Tory.

Because as one local pundit put it, if you vote for Ed you can be sure of one thing, he's going to spend your money.

Of course, he went on to say the Liberals will spend even more of your money. And the NDP will spend way more. And the Greens? You won't believe how much more of your money they will spend.

So, I'm almost back to voting Tory again. Sigh........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our first mistake is thinking it's "our money" to begin with.

In the U.S., many of our republicans are considering switching to deocratic candidate, Sen. Obama as well. History in the making...

Theatre in the round...

Pat from "Joisey"