Thursday 10 April 2008

It's Beginning To Look Like.......

..the middle of April in Calgary. Weather forecast said there was a slight chance of light rain. I see....

We got 23 centimetres of the white stuff! Broke a 96 year record. City officials are now worried about flooding - and rapid freezing. And why not add a plague of locusts o'er the land.

We were planning for near 20 on the weekend. What's up?

I guess Mother Nature said, "Did I say it was going to be 20? Do you know what it's going to be like on the weekend?" And we said, no we don't. "You're freakin' right you don't!" [Maybe she didn't say that. But I bet that's what she felt like saying to us.]

But by mid day, it was bright and sunny. The snow melted, joggers were out, I went for a swim in the river.

By 3pm, another blizzard hit and was still at it as I left work.

On the walk home, inside of course, it was now just getting slushy and nasty. Not inside, of course.

By the time I got home, bright and sunny. I didn't go swimming again.

What a funny little city.

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

8am and snowing here.