Friday 23 May 2008

Beep Veep!

The Vancouver harbour has these neat (how would I describe Vancouver without the word neat?) little shuttles that take you all over.

Scientists say that the Aquabus, like the bumblebee and flying, should not be able to float - but it does. Unless there is any wind at all, or a passenger leans to look out the window.

View looking up at the captain. Who seemed to be a fifteen year old kid who read a book the entire trip and steered with his knee.

And no safety issues here. Where are the life jackets?

According to Captain Ahab, who looked at me like I was some sissified Eastern boy, you don't need 'em.

I decided not to give him my opinion of his steering technique. Although he did start steering with his foot not long after this (honestly). Not the change I was necessarily shooting for.

No comments: