Wednesday 21 May 2008

Technically, They Are Correct

They did say "ocean view". And there it is.

I would have been equally okay with "roof view", as the roof cut my window in half.

And I really couldn't have criticized them if they had said "piece of crap view". All are equally applicable.

Went to the beautiful city of Vancouver on business and stayed at the funky Granville Island Hotel. Pretty neat little place.

The hotel anchors the "island" which was a former industrial site for Vancouver. And everything seems to be original materials (lots of corrugated iron for all the buildings).

I understand they can't change very much, since I think the whole area is covered with asbestos and lead, and if they renovated anything, they have to tear apart and remediate the entire island. So it just goes merrily along.

And, once I found out the roof was the roof of the in-house brewery, and this little hotel was a brew pub, that made everything seem a little nicer.

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

naturally!

Anonymous said...

Who cares?...they're serving Granville Island beer!...BRILLIANT!