Sunday 25 May 2008

Possibly....But Not Likely

I've never been in the St Regis, but......

This once historic hotel sits in the middle of bum alley (as I call it) so I'm not planning on validating the above recommendation any time soon. In spite of the many inducements advertised ("Rooms Cheap", "$1.25 Drafts", etc.).

Oh I can hear it now; what a friggin' snob you are. Walk a mile in their shoes.

Tell you what, you walk a mile in my shoes down here and tell me you don't feel creeped out.

I had to get on a different commuter train car yesterday afternoon as some of our most vulnerable citizens were passing around a vodka bottle, virtually commandeering the car.

Then today, in a gift shop had to dodge a frikkin' weirdo who was crying while hugging and kissing a lifesize stuffed bear. Then freaked when the shop owner tried to get her to leave. Now all the tourists in the shop are looking wide eyed, thinking, I'm definitely coming back here again. And bringing the kids.

Also see next post.

Okay, this is a story told many times before. 'nuff said.

No comments: