Tuesday 13 October 2009

Jee Ta

A little more touring around Tampa. St Pete's, to be exact.

And whereas the other places were barren and abandoned, this place is just the opposite.

Now this place under construction is not part of an industrial complex or shopping mall.

This cosy spot is the future retirement home of New York Yankees shortstop, Derek Jeter.

Now there are no signs that say "Deter Jeter's Future Home."

But with the aid of satellite and cellular technology we were able to find it. Well, my pal did, anyway, as his cell phone has Google Earth downloaded.

So he focusses Google Earth in the general vicinity, drives to the supposed neighbourhood and tells me to scroll for a double wide lot that looks like a mansion. Huh?

I was a little worried about this task. But with one click I was able to turn the phone off.

After a couple of sideways glares, and he had it started again, I was able to fumble around until I found a big honking empty lot.

Which, fingers crossed, turned out to be the future home of Mr. Jeeta. With construction well underway.

Now how much home do some people need? And he's not even married. I could live in one of his cupboards.

No comments: