Friday 23 October 2009

A Walk On The Wet Side

Since only people strong of spirit or weak of mind [and I am not inviting votes into which category I would be incorrectly placed] would have been out during the recent cold snap (low 80os my butt, it actually got down into the high 70os!) it was good to get back out for a brief walk about.

Guys? Are We Sitting Here Today? Guys?
Friends don't make friends sit alone.

The Sea Was (Still) Angry That Day, My Friends


I'm The King Of The World!
Although I guess some guys like to be alone.

Make Way. Coming Through!
These ibises didn't seem to fussed with me blundering through the midst of them.

In fact, they would just glance up at you - well, me anyway - with a somewhat resigned look, "Oh, him. Harmless."

Okay, I admit it. I was one of the ones - the one - out during that cold snap, so I guess these guys got used to me. And it obviously hadn't raised their esteem of me, either.

The Melting Pot
Why can't we just all get along?

Egrets, cormorants, Kingfishers, terns, all sitting in a row.

But if you thought Air Canada flight attendants could be nasty, don't be sitting in the wrong row here either. As they employ a distinct - and literal - pecking order here, too.

And if you are under a foot tall, you can forget about getting that first fish too.

And, of course, Mr. "Bossman" Pelican is never far away, if anything really needs to be decided.

No comments: