Sunday 6 December 2009

Mike & Tod - Day 33 - Epilogue

So I guess one more day for the adventure really.

The long, long, long flight home;
Key West - Miami
Miami - Atlanta
Atlanta - Detroit
Detroit - Ottawa
Ottawa - Oxford Mills (...okay, that was a car ride)

And to top it off, you knew it would happen; luggage lost and bikes lost.

Ouff!

I'm sure the day felt like one long airport after another.

I guess it was.

But, I guess there's a silver, or at least amber, lining to everything if you look hard enough.

Now although this was a taken a while ago, I'm sure this is exactly how Mike's butt feels today.

Epilogue 2;
So Tod returned home, never to be allowed out again.

And although Mike briefly went back to the Maintstreet Restaurant, he eventually went on to become a very successful flat tire repairman.

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

hmmm - bikes and luggage lost - recovered or lost forever??
My non-velo pals are asking what was the cost of this trip - not the physical and emotional costs, but the real dough - bike repairs, motels, food, "office stops", air fare - certainly not a cheap 4 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Men from the Mills. What an adventure...and job!
I think Todd planned it just right...hunker-down for the winter and by springtime, maybe some/most/all will be forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't they stay for a bit in Key West? Or maybe they did and I just lost track of time. Or maybe the "li'l women" at home weighed in on the itinerary? LOL! Super-congrats to the guys! Yeah, now what??? A life of my own vs. living thru their adventure... stranger things have happened.

Pat (Joisey)