Tuesday 15 December 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

No taxis!



Oh, I can hear the cluck, clucking now. Inappropriate!!

That's what I thought.

Went in to my new favourite restaurant for some spicy Chicken Tikka and saw several platters of steaming food on one of the side tables.

I asked the proprietor what's with all the platters.

He said, we're catering a party and we're waiting for a cab to deliver it.

I said, hey you've always got lots of cabs outside. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I grimaced.

He turned and looked at me and said, very loudly, "We're cab central! Trouble getting a cab was the last thing on my mind". Shook his head.

His partner came in, closing his cell phone, also shaking his head. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing available."

We looked at each other at the irony of the situation and laughed. Me a little more nervously than the other two guys.

So no harm, no foul.

Whew......

3 comments:

Gord Tripe said...

Why do I hear "You should be trying something other than the Chicken Tikka!" in this conversation, as well.

Urban Cowboy said...

You have a good memory, Mr. T.

I've given up trying anything else.

Anonymous said...

You guys are funny.