Thursday 29 April 2010

No Wonder They Cost So Much

Went to a movie last week - for the first time in about five years.

When did the prices triple?

And, of course, with all that good Scottish blood coursing through my veins, I never thought they were that cheap to begin with [Ed. Note: hence the five year interlude, we suspect.]

I guess somebody has to pay for these honking, huge behemoths that they still call theatres.

Here we are, half way, looking way up at the top landing.

And here we are half way up again, looking down, down, down.

Huge!

But man oh man, they soak you for the privilege.

Sure, this was in 3-D. And sure, I didn't throw up, like the old 3-D. And the special effets were pretty cool.

So not a bad evening.

But that has now peaked my interest....I wonder what will be playing in five more years?

1 comment:

Gord Tripe said...

Star Trek - Redundancy. In 4D. You'll have to don a body suit. I'm thinking Smell-O-Rama or maybe AromaVision. And it'll cost $172.65.