Monday 10 January 2011

Hey, The Toronto Star Reads My Blog, Too! Oh, Oh...

Now, I'm not one to say I told you so (Okay, maybe a little), but not long after I highlighted some of the remaining historical architecture all along Yonge St. [See "A Walk Down Yonge St." for refresher] but who now comes along and does the same thing?

This map even shows their little walk down Yonge St.

Now there are several heritage buildings on Yonge. Lately one less, unfortunately, which likely prompted their sudden interest. [See "You Were Waiting For It."

So I can understand their Johnny-Come-Lately spread in yesterday's paper.
But come on, do your own research.

Their first three buildings are all identified someone's recent post.

Their #1 was my last one (big finish). Their #2 was my lead. And their #3 was my second last (building to the big finish).

I wondered who that was with a camera beside me....

All seriousness aside, it is great that preservation of historical buildings is getting some much needed attention.

It's just sad that it took the torching of the former Empress Hotel to get it into the public's collective conscious.

Hmmmm...now what do I want The Star to tackle next.....

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Go UC, you go!!!

Krys and Paul said...

I am puzzled as to how you co-opted the Toronto Star -your least favourite paper by the comments in this blog - to help you in the noble cause. Puzzled but happy!