Monday 12 December 2011

Good To Their Word

A while back, I posted/blogged/ranted.....(you know the routine) about an old, but seedy, building that looked to be only moments away from the wrecker's ball.

See "Demo By Neglect" for a refresher.

In case you are too lazy too busy to click that link, here is an old picture of it.

So even though they were promising to renovate this former "budget hotel", I had my doubts.

I walked by there the other day, and couldn't believe what I saw.

Actually, I couldn't believe I had the right building. I had to search around to make sure there was not some other eyesore on a nearby corner.

So although they are not finished, they are certainly giving this place a new lease (maybe even literally as well as figuratively) on life.


I can't really tell if they put on a new façade or whether they just scrapped off all the crappy white paint.

Regardless, a good start anyway.....

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

didn't that place used to be an old Irish Guiness Pub?

Urban Cowboy said...

Well it used to be called the Budget Inn and before that The Bay Street Motel. So maybe a long, long time ago.....

northerndreamer said...

It's nice to see SOME old things can still be spruced up.