Thursday 21 June 2012

Balls This Big


Out for some dinner the other night, this little guy showed no fear, walking right up to my bun bowl and helping himself.

Here is he getting ready to make the next move - leg up, ready to advance.


And there we are.  Just inches from me.  


Who cares if I was still thinking of having another bite.  Snooze, you lose.


 Hey? What are you looking at pal?   I'm busy here.



Now it didn't take long for word to get out on the bird wire that soup's on.



"You again.  Do you have to watch everything I eat?"

Once the waiter decided I'd had enough fun and removed the bread ('"Ahem, you are done with the bread, sir?") the fellows kept coming around.

One sat on the table, looking around.  I pointed out a bread crumb to him and he hopped right up to my finger. Ate the bread crumb and then thought about my finger.  Took a wave at it, then flew away.

Best part was we were leaving, the kid at the next table (yellow t-shirt in last two pics) also wanted to get in on the fun.  He started throwing lots of bun bits around.

The waiter came right up to his father and said "Please do not feed the birds, sir."

Gotta be smooth, kid.

At least that's what I'm always told......

1 comment:

Krys and Paul said...

It is amazing how something so tiny can be so nonchalant in the face of giants. Further to your title line, we are giggling s lot over having our temporary dog Buster retrieve... balls. He's a bit weak on the release part of retrieve so lots of ahem comments.