Sunday 21 July 2013

Really?

So driving back into Toronto on a summer, Sunday morning - and they have the Gardiner expressway closed.

Well, I guess they have to do maintenance some time.

So that means all the Gardiner traffic is now funnelled onto Lakeshore Blvd, with all the normal traffic for that.

So what's going on down there?

Well, the tall foreheads at City Hall have also scheduled a triathlon on Lakeshore.  And have one lane closed.

So all the traffic coming in to Toronto on a summer Sunday morning, with a Jays game at the Dome, is funnelled into two lanes.

Two lanes with traffic lights.

My six year old - if I had one - could probably say, maybe we should schedule these for different weekends.

Holy cow, does anyone at City Hall ever use their brains to justify their $100,000 salaries?

[I guess I had a bit of time to stew on that one.....]

No comments: