Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hey! The TTC Chair Reads My Blog

Good for her.

I guess it just took her a little while to read all my blog posts.

Because a while back, I posted  (see Wrong Message, Karen for a refresher) that the TTC Chair, Karen Stintz, by fighting a traffic ticket for riding through a stop sign was sending the wrong message to cyclists.

Cyclists (not all, but a lot) get a bit sanctimonious when preaching to drivers about obeying traffic rules, but cut themselves a lot of slack for the same infractions.

So the UC is pleased to provide a public service as the voice of reason to some of our city's pols.


On a somewhat related topic, when I was spell checking this entry (and when a blog is held to the absolute highest standards of integrity by both its readers, this is a must) I can understand it wouldn't have "Stintz" or "TTC" in its dictionary (the yellowed words).


But you would think a dictionary for a blog would recognize the word.......blog......


*****
Post Script;  in today's (Oct 24th) Toronto Star, someone else commenting on the same issue.  See Lawbreaking Cyclists Putting Everyone In Danger .  Cool.  Just how many people are reading my blog anyway....?

6 comments:

FINS UP2 said...

To answer your question... I think there is 8 of us the read your blog. Sorry for blowing egotistical mind with the facts.

FINS UP2 said...

... Hopefully you can correct my hurried spelling on the last post.

Urban Cowboy said...

Get back to work!

Your Spam attack to block my legion of faithful readers from commenting won't work. Will it, legion?

...legion?

Rob Greenfield said...

Am I a legion?

Urban Cowboy said...

You are in my mind!

And I'm glad the obviously very large number of you were thoughtful enough to pool together for one comment, so as not to crash my website.

Anonymous said...

I may be a lost legion (or at least one a month behind the others)