Saturday 4 October 2014

What Would Our Parents Say


From today's Real Estate Section.


What a cute little house.  Maybe Munchkins live there.

Maybe filthy rich Munchkins.

Almost a million bucks?  For that?


I'm guessing Hobbits for this one.  It's even cuter! 

And it should bloody well should be, for almost three million!

Is that a typo?



Finally, something we can all afford, like something we grew up in.

$765,000?    And this is in the boonies, TO-wise.

My old man would have bought this for $22,500 in 19 ought and 60.

I'm hoping the same thing happens with all these old record albums I'm hanging on to.

So far, not so good......

2 comments:

FINS UP2 said...

Right you are sir... My house as a kid in wonderful Willowdale (boonies) was a tidy sum of $27,500 for 2,200 square feet. Listings for that house on that street NOW go for $1.5 MM. My Dad offered the family home to his two dumb sons when he sold it in the 80's for $180 K. Of course, it wasn't in Toronto where the HOT chicks lived and we said no thank you. One of life's mysteries real estate is. It seems people think it goes up forever and ever. That's why they pay $1.5 M. I just know one thing the next generation doesn't have the $1.5 M, lack full time jobs with benefits and the magic of pensions will all factor into sustaining a real estate market. Bound to fall I would say.

Urban Cowboy said...

Good (or bad!) real life "case study". Thanks, Joe.