Thursday 25 November 2021

What Will Today Bring...?

So yesterday we featured the smooth song stylings of Cardi B and the #1 song of 2020, WAP.

Now, if the Urban Cowboy listened to anything other than country on the radio, I might have heard this song before.

But a song you won't be hearing is the date rape song, Baby It's Cold Outside.



It was essentially banned last year.


But Cardi B can sing about her WAP and all the crazy antics it gets up to, and the critics - and apparently several of her gentlemen friends - will just eat it up.

And while doing the usual extensive research for this post that the crack Arnotti Thoughts team always does, came up with an interesting comparison....


Great minds....?


[And I swear as my birth name is Urban Cowboy that I did not see this before doing this post.]


7 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Part of why I stopped listening to the radio years ago, except for Jays games

northerndreamer said...

You raise a great point UC and I certainly share your confusion on this situation...so I did a little digging (Dr. Google) to help me better understand what's going on here. The links below perhaps give a little insight...but I'm still confused...and may be a dinosaur.

https://michaelbridgett.medium.com/cold-outside-vs-wap-3af813c05c7a
https://www.406families.org/blog/sap-baby-its-cold

Rob Greenfield said...

Northern Dreamer -> "may be?"

Urban Cowboy said...

Interesting article. Different strokes, I guess......

northerndreamer said...

We've become our grandparents. Now that's scary!!

Rob Greenfield said...

No we haven't, these young folks have zero decorum, way beyond what our grandparents saw

northerndreamer said...

Exactly what our grandparents would say.