Monday 12 February 2007

Brrrrr......


Well, Mother Nature finally caught up to us. Quelle mess. It was good while it lasted. Sure, it's no North Bay kind of snow. Or upstate New York. But at -20 it doesn't have to be.

It doesn't have to be because they don't plow the roads here. The radio traffic report took five minutes to go through all the accidents and black ice and pile ups. I guess there is a dark side to low taxes. Or white side, in this case.

Of course, a chinook is forecast for one day this week. Great. Everything will melt one day, then freeze again the next. And they don't salt. They just put gravel down. Some call it sand, but sand didn't just put a hole through my windshield.

Insurance? It happens so much that windshield insurance is as much again as your regular premium. I looked up a glass replacement company? They have pages and pages of them. I guess I can use my tax savings to get it fixed......

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

And you wondered why everyone drove around with huge cracks in their windshields!

Urban Cowboy said...

Exactamundo......and rifle racks.