Friday 16 February 2007

Brrrrrrr 2


Beautiful, but brrrrrrrr. Man, it was cold this week. Luckily that old Plus 15 system was available for us Urban Cowboys. This shot was taken once inside, from the safety of one of the avenue crossovers.

-25 doesn't sound like much, but you add in a little wind, some slushy ice and a couple of blocks walking outside and you get an eastern guy whining to all his office mates when he gets into work. "Hey Toronto Guy, why don't you get the army to take you to work? Ha ha ha". Funny office mates.

But between 5:30am (just slightly before this shot was taken) and 5:30pm, Calgary had 236 accidents. And I suspect at least 200 of them involved cracked windshields. No kidding, everyone I told about my windshield said, yeah, mine's cracked, but I'm waiting til spring.

My barber today, who also has a cracked windshield, called his repair guy while I was in the chair and got a quote for me. Who has their own windshield repair guy? What a funny little town.

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Hey, get me the winshield guy's name, my truck has a cracked windshield that runs across the windscreen and a vertical crack on the passenger side. Looks like a real Calgary pick-up.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just a comment on how you guys see the world, especially from inside your car while you're driving...

Mr. P

Urban Cowboy said...

Are you calling us cracked, there Mikey boy?