Saturday 17 February 2007

Heaven


After the weather we've had this week, what glorious way to end it; with a beer sampler platter from the local brew pub. Five delightful samples - for $6.50! If I hadn't actually felt the cold nectar caressing my throat, I would have thought I'd died and, through some obvious celestical error, gone to heaven. Sweet Mama, I'll be back.

And to top it off, in this Calgary Flames mad city, they even put on the Leafs game for me! (Ed. note: one possible contributing factor - the bartender is an Oilers fan).

And hear this, those of you shackled by the jack booted domination of the Ontario government, virtually every bar has happy hour from 4-7pm, every day. And after 7pm, my new best bar has a featured beer on special the rest of the night! Did I mention they put the Leafs game on?

3 comments:

KAREN GIBSON ROC said...

I READ YOUR BLOG SO THERE!!ANYWAY I DON'T USUALLY LEAVE COMMENTS BUT I LIKE THE IDEA THAT YOU ONLY USE YOUR PHONE CAMERA - COOL!
I AM ORIGINALLY FROM TORONTO, ONTARIO - JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADD THAT
ANYWAY
PEACE
KAREN

Rob Greenfield said...

Ok already, soounds like I need another visit to sample the uptown life.

Anonymous said...

Still prefer YARD ales. You only need one or two. Well three at the most.

JL