Saturday 29 November 2008

This Bar I Know

And like the bars discussed in the preceding post - Grossman's Tavern" should have been torn down years ago.

Last night we were watching a buddy, Toby, blow a mean sax in his ska band (can't remember the bizarre name).

My closest interpretation of ska is a sort of a white man's reggae. However, if you add a "g", it could also describe the women dancing to the funky beat. Except, of course, for the women with us, who were beautiful.

And when nature calls, there's no finer place to have to go than downstairs into the bowels (pun intended and richly deserved) of Grossman's.

And never look up when you are in this place. I think this is where the expression "What you lookin' at?" started.

But what's this on the bathroom door - "customers only"? Darn - and I was hoping to come back here every time I had to go.

[Ed. note: a debt is owed to the the photographer (moi), who put his life in considerable peril by snapping photos in Grossman's Men's room. What was he thinking?]

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Good ones. I also have posted Grossman "can" photos.

Ian T said...

I recall once at Grossman's that someone took a leak under the table next to us...guess he wasn't a customer.