Saturday 28 February 2009

The Famous And Not So Famous

Was in a local restaurant and who do I think I see sitting in the bar but Ken Hitchcock.

Yes, Ken Hitchcock. Still not impressed?

Okay, so I Googled who the Flames next game was against and "Bingo" Columbus. You see, Hitch is the coach of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets. Uhh...still not impressed.

Well, I guess he's used to it. One of the guys at our table texted his son that Hitchcock was here. He breathlessly texted back "Dad! Get his autograph!".

So being the doting father he is, he coerced the cutest girl at the table to get the autograph.

So you have to know you're not that famous when you print your name and title under your signature. I don't think I've seen Tom Cruise do this.

But Hitch dutifully signed (and printed) the autograph. And so did GM Scott Howson, a couple of assistant coaches and their video guy.

I guess she wasn't too particular in who she asked. They video guy probably thought "Cool."

No comments: