Thursday 2 July 2009

Day 12!!!

...of the despicable, tragic Toronto Public Employee's strike. The horror, the horror.

Call in the army!

So this picture of two smelly bags doesn't really say the whole picture. Or maybe it does.

Because this is near my building, and as we have always paid private haulers to take away our garbage - they do it without fail. So this strike hasn't affected me one iota.

None, not one, of those 24,000 CUPE staff do anything for me. Except give me heart burn.

However, many letters to the editor of the Star are actually in support of the strikers. And most Communist Toronto Star columnists support them.

One columnist proposed that like, health care, the CUPE jobs are far too important to entrust to the private sector, which, she claimed, got us into this economic mess to begin with.

Hmmmm......but what about food?

Food is very important. Why shouldn't the government be running all the grocery stores.

"I got an appointment to get my groceries next Thursday at 2pm! Better not be late."

"I'm on the waiting list for a nice roast. Should get it in a couple of months."

In a pinch, you could always go the Emergency Grocery Store. Of course, with a four hour wait, you'd have to be pretty hungry.....

Sheesh. Give your head a soak.

[Ed note: this ends our regularly scheduled rant.]

No comments: