Saturday 2 April 2011

Mike & Tod - Day 11

Beautiful day for a ride all along the SoCal coast.

They even found time to meet some furry (?) friends along the way.

I think Northern Dreamer gave them a heads about these guys....

Even time for some wistful contemplation.

How far did these guys ride today?

I first learned how to swim without a floatation device in Laguna Beach. "Sealy" was my best friend when I was four, floundering in the water. How appropriate to have a sea lion as my inner tube, given the above "furry friend" pic.

But who asked me, anyway? So back to the boys.

Gee, you're never far from home when you own a restaurant.

"Wherever you go, there ya are."

So, after covering a leisurely 50 clicks, the boys bedded down for the night in the Ellijo State Park.

Not too shabby a night light.

[And a mea culpa from a few days ago. I was informed that the lads did indeed go through LA, not around, due to the presence of large gates - and larger guards - all along the star studded LA coast.

4 comments:

Gord Tripe said...

The sun set shot is my current desktop shot - sweet. Buckaroo Bonzai lives! Wherever you go - there you are.

Krys and Paul said...

Yeah, Buckaroo! (Small quibble - it's Banzai- I didn't know either.)


Understandable, UC, that learning to swim would be easier in salt water - and you were how old???

Gord Tripe said...

How do you know I didn't mean the little trees? Even if I did, I spelled that incorrectly, too. Thanks.

Krys and Paul said...

Hey, I was just thrilled to find another BB fan!