Tuesday 31 May 2011

Holy Crapamolie!

That's a lot of samolies!

28 big clams for a condo?

Now my place is worth less than half of this, so I'll just have to get used to making due without the screening room, servant's quarters and the extra eight bedrooms.

And this is the behemoth I've been watching go up over the last year. [See "I Don't Believe It" and "Good, Only 40 More To Go" for a refresher]

Except now I can see it looming over mia casa.

Literally. From my balcony!

And, once it is at its full 55 stories (it's at ~35 right now), it will cut off what little afternoon sun I have.

I've hated this one for awhile - but now I really do.

7 comments:

northerndreamer said...

Do you think he'll be able to see 'the moon' from there?

Urban Cowboy said...

Not likely. I'd have to get up on my roof to do it and I could fall off.

Gord Tripe said...

On the other hand, I think the buyer might regret the decision (and price) when he/she gets a view of the poor, white trash on his balcony down below, to the north-east.

Krys and Paul said...

There are some rich folks that like that...

Krys and Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krys and Paul said...

P.S. UC, can't you sue for 'right-to-light' or something?

Alternatively I have always wanted to experiment with mirrors to see if you can maximize available sunlight in a balcony garden.

In this heat wave (we heard about it by we're in cool NL) the shade is probably welcome

Pat from Joisey said...

Wow, that's a bummer! never mind even more lack of privacy - thankfully you have "roof" on your balcony. Guess we'll be going for more shade plants?