Thursday 8 September 2011

Bikes And Cars

Further to the "Pedal With A Purpose" post, our intrepid riders are having a party, a gala, okay a fundraiser at the above restaurant in Merrickville next Tuesday, September 13.

To help them - but more importantly, to help the women and girls of Vietnam - go to "Cycle for Care Vietnam 2011" and donate directly on-line.

All are invited, welcome, okay encouraged to join them for food, fun and frivolity.

And speaking of all three, your author went to the annual Merrickville Car Show a few weeks back with the owner of this very restuarant.

Now based on what I saw, I thought it was called The Antique Car Show.

And almost being one myself, I thought I should know.

However, it is not.

But you be the judge.

There was an entire row of Model A Fords.

This isn't one of them, but they were there, I tell you.

Very cool.....

Also very cool. And my first car!

A 1979 RX-7.

Okay, so this is definitely not an Antique Show. Ha ha, I wouldn't be driving an antique....ha ha....

Maybe a Classic Car Show is more like it....

But looks like age does have its privileges.

And that was enough about cars.

So off to the patios and the frivolity portion of the car show did this author and the Mainstreet owner go.

And go....

And if you come to the Tuesday Maintstreet gala, you will see more of this.

And this.

How can you say "No"?

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

If'n I didn't have a 2hour class to teach starting at 8:30 Wed., I'd be there!